Home Family Law Property Wills & Trusts Disputes Business Commercial Property Criminal Defence Probate Contact Us
Wills & Estates   Inheritance
Divorce & separation   Death Duty
Children Issues    
Buying/selling property   Remortgaging
Landlord/Tenant issues    
Tax & money
Inheritance planning   Contractual claims
Dealing with an Estate   Wills & Estates
Bankruptcy & insolvency    
Neighbour disputes   Family disputes
General Civil Litigation   Criminal defence
Professional misconduct    
Commercial property   Debt recovery
Bankruptcy/Insolvency   Licensing
Employment disputes    
Motoring offences   Enquiry form


Julian Holbrook has substantial experience in dealing with entertainment and alcohol licensing, having successfully obtained licences for numerous pubs, clubs, hotels and restaurants throughout the South East.  Dollman & Pritchard is, therefore, one of the few Surrey Solicitors with a team of experts on hand to advise on the current licensing laws.    

Under the Licensing Act 2003, the entire scheme for entertainment and alcohol licensing has changed.  To sell alcohol it is now necessary for your premises to have a Premises Licence and also to have at least one individual who holds a Personal Licence.  You will also need to be licensed should you wish to carry out what the Act describes as “licensable activities” which includes music, dancing or the showing of plays and films.  The process of applying for a licence can be a difficult task and failure to follow the correct procedures can have serious consequences.  Our Licensing Team are therefore on hand to assist with the following:

  • Applying for a new Premises Licence
  • Applying for a Personal Licence
  • Acting for clubs in relation to Club Premises Certificates
  • Applying for licences in respect of one-off events (known as Temporary Event Notices)
  • Purchasing Licensed premises and transferring a Premises Licence
  • Varying an existing Premises Licence should you wish to apply for extra hours,  permission to carry out other licensable activities or make structural alterations
  • Dealing with appeals, disputes and general queries in relation to licensing

Please contact Julian Holbrook should you require any assistance in relation to licensing issues.   



Dollman & Pritchard Solicitors, 8 The Square, Caterham, Surrey, CR3 6XS   Tel: 01883 347823  Fax: 01883 340628     © Dollman & Pritchard 2005 - 2012
Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority – Firm Number 48857