Stages involved in a re-mortgage of residential property
The precise stages involved in the re-mortgage of a residential property vary according to the circumstances and will generally include the following:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice
- Obtain redemption statement from existing lender
- Deal with the new lender's requirements
- Reporting to the lender and requesting funds
- Agree completion date with you
- Complete the re-mortgage
- Redeem any charges on the property
- Report to you with the net proceeds
- Deal with application for registration of the new charge at Land Registry
- For leasehold properties (deal with notice of charge)
How long will the re-mortgage take?
Typically, a re-mortgage will take 3-5 weeks
To contact one of our specialist residential re-mortgage property team members simply email us at email@example.com or telephone us on 01883 347823. Or you can fill out our contact form or email our office and someone will be in touch within 24 hours.
Meet our Residential Property solicitors...
For a confidential discussion with a Residential Property solicitor, call us on...
Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm
Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Accredited under The Conveyancing Quality Scheme